Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sleepy Tuesday!

I'm feeling absolutely shattered today! Danielle was awake at flamin' 5.30am for some reason and always feels the need to make me aware of the fact as soon as she wakes up! That combined with the fact that I'm even checking my email through to night to see if there is any news from Qantas equals very little sleep! We will hopefully hear from Qantas this week (thought we would have done already to be honest) and as soon as we do things will feel a lot more real. At the moment I think it still feels as though we're planning for a holiday rather than planning to move across to the other side of the world!

I've told work that I will hopefully be finishing at the end of September (Grays redundancy permitting) and I must admit that I can't wait. If Gray doesn't get the redundancy then we will both be absolutely gutted. Its a lot of money and would take a lot of pressure off if he was to get it. If it doesn't come off though we won't let it stop us from going. This is something that not many people get the chance to do and so we've got to try it. At least we get to see a bit of the world - if we don't like it then we'll come back - simple! I must admit to worrying about Danielle settling in though. Shes been extremely clingy these last couple of months and hasn't wanted to go to school. I know that I'm going to have to go through it with her in Oz too and I'm really not looking forward to it. At least I'll know though that its not necessarily Oz thats the problem but just that she loves mummy!!

I've just filled out the forms to open up a Commonwealth Bank Account. Seems to be pretty straight forward - download the forms, fill them out and send them off with various forms of ID. Apparently the account can be opened up within about 5 days which is great (not that we need it in the immediate future but its nice to know its done!).

God I'm waffling now - tirednes and irritability are kicking in too which is nice! Time for a strong coffee I reckon!

Bye for now........

No comments: