Thursday, August 11, 2005

Finally heard from Qantas!

I couldn't wait any longer last night and finally emailed Qantas to ask when we should receive the offer of employment. Needless to say all through the night I was checking for their reply (had next to no sleep last night!) and it finally came! Gray has been given a start date of 28th November 2005 and we've asked to fly out on 14th November. That way Gray gets two weeks with us to sort things out while we're staying in the hotel which works out well. We just need the house to sell now! I've been looking at lots of different mortgage offers to see what we would do if the house didn't sell and its driving me nuts. We would definitely have to change mortgage companies though because the one we're with will class our mortgage as a buy to let if we rent it out and add 1% on top, which is a lot of money! Apparently the larger companies don't do this and just ask for a one off payment of around £100 which gives rights to let the property for a certain period - usually around 2 years, so we'll probably go down this route. With a bit of luck though we'll get an offer of the asking price soon and won't have to worry!!

Taking Dan horse riding in a while. Its only for half an hour but she loves it and I really enjoy watching her bless her.

I definitely need to de-stress now. My head is all over the place!

No comments: