Friday, July 27, 2007

21st July - a quick catch up

Gray worked his last night shift last night – thank god! Its been driving me nuts – although I must admit that its gonna be weird having him here in the evenings again.

My first week in TAFE went well. Pretty boring because it was just orientation but I’m sure next week will be better when we start getting into the nitty gritty of it all. Initially I was going to be finishing at 2.45pm each day so that I could pick Danielle up but I’m a bit worried that I’m going to miss too much work. It would mean me missing over 7 hours per week of a 16 hour course – not good. I’ve managed to work around this a little bit though. Sharon is going to pick Danielle up from school on Wednesdays, take her home and then I’ll finish TAFE at 4.30pm, pick them all straight up and take them to gymnastics. That’s a big help. Also when I went to TAFE on Thursday I found out that that teacher teaches exactly the same class in the mornings, so hes said that I could go to that one if it makes it easier – excellent! So, the only day I have to finish at 2.45pm now is Monday and to be honest I don’t really like the bloke whos doing that lesson so its no real hardship!!

Not long now until mum gets her results – Thursday 26th is the big day. I’m fairly positive that things will go well – haven’t got a clue how I’ll react if they don’t but the chances are I’d be on a plane as soon as I could to ferry her back and forth the hospital and to give her the support she’ll need.

Danielles swimming is going well still. After Tuesdays squads she asked if she could go back down the Sharks because it was such hard work. Thankfully she stuck with it and did really well Thursday – she did an entire hour without using her flippers (very hard work!). She also got to try out her new hand paddles which she was very impressed with.

Gray slept until 1pm today and then we all went for a quick bike ride at Penrith Lakes. That’s where Steve Redgrave won his gold medal in the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Its lovely there – very peaceful.

No comments: