Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Had UK visitors at the weekend

Well we had a lovely weekend this weekend. Paul Lounds and his girlfriend Paula are travelling around Australia and so they stayed with us for a couple of nights. It was really nice to catch up with someone from home. I showed them a few sights - not much though as its pretty cold here right now plus they werent here for long.

I heard yesterday that I didnt get the job I applied for. Probably a blessing in disguise really because the hours just werent suitable. I've decided to remain focused on my TAFE course now (which I started today). Web design is the way I want to go to try and make some decent money so thats what I'm going to do. Hopefully I'll be able to get a bit of freelance work while I'm doing the course plus my websites will hopefully benefit throughout the course too and start brining a bit more cash in.

We were hoping to get mums results through today but unfortunately they're not ready. We've got to wait until next week now which is horrible. Not much more I can say about that really - its just a case of waiting and seeing. Mum seems to be coping pretty well with it all though and appears to be positive. I hope thats not just a front though.

The cold has really set in very quickly here. We now have the fire in the living room on pretty much all the time that we're in the house, plus I've just started to put the oil burner heaters on in the bedrooms too. Grays still on nights at the moment and he struggles to get to sleep when he gets in in the mornings because it is so cold. It was minus 3 this morning and is due to reach minus 7 tomorrow apparently! Not looking forward to that at all I can tell you.

No comments: