Saturday, July 28, 2007

25th July - Second week in TAFE

Well this week has been a bit up and down so far with TAFE. Yesterday I had a blinding headache all day and so the teachers just really pissed me off. Both Tuesday teachers are really boring so that wasn’t helping. Today has been better though thankfully and I feel as though I’ve learnt a lot (which is more than I can say for yesterday!).

Mum gets here results tomorrow so fingers crossed for that – not really much else I can say about that. Obviously I’m dreading it but also looking forward to knowing what the situation is.

Mum had some great news this week. Shes finally been accepted as a registered child minder. It was really all down to the doctor saying she was fit enough to work (this was before the cancer was diagnosed) which he obviously did. It’ll be a while before she gets some kids to look after but the great thing is that this will give her the ability to earn her own money and give her a bit of independence which is exactly what she needs.

We have a mortgage advisor come to the house last night. Its looking more and more likely that we will have to sell the UK house as we have no tenants still, so we wanted to check out our options. We were surprised to find that we are in a position to be able to buy an investment property if we wanted to (the rules are all different in Australia) so we’re seriously considering that. Needless to say as soon as the bloke left I was on the internet checking out properties. If I hadn’t have had to go to TAFE today I have no doubt in my mind that I would have been viewing a few too. I’m in TAFE again tomorrow but Friday I might give it a shot!

Grays back on days now – YAY! He did have Monday and Tuesday off though. Monday was just a recovery period – he hardly slept over the weekend as he was so used to doing nights. Tuesday he took off to take Danielle for an Xray. She fell off the horse on Monday night while doing her first proper jump, and the flaming horse stood on her arm bless her. Alls good though, its just swollen and bruised. She got to go to school with a sling today (just to rest it) which she was obviously very happy about!

No comments: