Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A busy week in the Font Household

Grays been on nights again this week (which is a right pain!), and Danielles on school holidays still (even more of a pain with Gray on nights) so I've been trying to keep us busy outside of the house.

Saturday I took her to watch horse jumping in Castlereagh which is just down the road from us. It was really nice - only trouble was that I spent the entire time there (about 1 1/2 hours) waiting for our burgers - it was shocking! One woman actually threatened to sue them because they'd given her some pasta dish with mushrooms in after she told them she was allergic to mushrooms! Not good. We took Danielle swimming later to practice her turns and then it was a lazy night doing nothing.

Sunday we literally didnt do anything. Gray spent most of the time sleeping and we just hung around the house.

Monday I had an interview at Windsor. It was advertised as part time admin work (office all rounder) so I thought it sounded ideal. I was interviewed by two people (a bit daunting) but they were both really nice. They had over 100 applicants for the position and they cut it down to 9 which I'm really pleased about as it means my resume must be effective. The only problem is that the hours are actually 1-5pm not 10-2pm which would have been ideal for me. Having said that though, if I was offered the job I think I would try and work around the time issue because it sounds great. They're going to cut it down to 4 next, then it'll be another interview with another man, and then a decision will made. While I was there Danielle went to Hayleys for a few hours which she was obviously very happy with.

We have also finally sacked our Estate Agents in the UK. Since Gemma left there (the girl who was managing our property) things had just gone down hill. They didnt reply to emails and when they did it was like talking to a child. The boss (Darren) would email in text talk and it would like as though he was pissed - not good - definitely not professional. I was on the phone to them at 10pm Monday evening telling them to hand over the keys to a friend of mine who was collecting them (who was actually going to hand them over to Gemma (the girl who used to work there) as she has now set up her own Rental business. Fingers crossed we'll get someone in soon because we desperately need the money. We struggle to survive on Grays wage here as it is, having to pay a UK mortgage too is just a nightmare. We havent had any rent in for the house for months. Not good.

Tuesday I did a Market Research group in Kellyville for 2 hours. Basically there are a group of you sitting around a table, they are recording the meeting and we discuss the product they're proposing to market. In this case it was BBQ Sauces. I'd definitely do it again as I got $70 for just talking!!

Today I've woken up with a head full of cold and a cough - its been lingering for a while but has really kicked in this morning. I was awake at 4.30am so got up and watched a bit of TV on the settee - managed to fall asleep for two hours there which made me feel better. I think I'm gonna have a lazy day on the settee in front of the TV all day today - probably take Dan swimming at 4pm but that'll be about it.

Mums still in hospital. She'll hopefully be leaving today if her drip comes out. Its taken a little while longer than normal for it to come out - not sure of the reason behind it - just one of those things I guess. Shes also been on anti-biotics and pain killers because shes got a bit of an infection where the drain goes in. When I spoke to her yesterday she said the pain killers seem to have kicked in as she was feeling a lot more comfortable. She cant wait to get home now which is understandable. I'd be happier with her going home too because with her being so far away (in Port Talbot - about 1 hour 20 mins from home) shes not getting any visitors (well actually Tony & Gill visited her on Sunday but they've been the only ones). When she gets home she'll hopefully have lots of people rallying around her. Dave will be due back on Sunday too so thats good. She seems to be dealing with the fact that shes lost her breast quite well I think. At the end of the day she just has to remember that with the breast gone, so too has the cancer (hopefully for good!). She has to go to Bridgend Princess of Wales Hospital (where Danielle was born funnily enough) on Tuesday to get the results. The signs are looking good so far as they only removed 4 lymph nodes during the op so fingers crossed its good news.

Back to my lazy day in front of the TV now! :)

No comments: