Sunday, March 26, 2006

We're homeless!

The last week has absolutely flown by! The shippers arrived on Wednesday and started packing the house at a ridiculously fast rate. We were rushing around like blue arse flies trying to sort out the kitchen ready for them to pack up too because they were well ahead of us!

Thursday the packers were back and pretty much finished up - they left us with the settee, tv and mattresses though so we weren't completely at a loss. That evening we went around to our friends Deb & Jays for a meal and a few glasses of wine which was just what the doctor ordered - lovely food, nice and relaxing and a good laugh. The kids had a wale of a time too.

Friday was time for me to say some goodbyes and I've gotta admit I didnt enjoy it. Thankfully most of them were done via text (sign of the times eh!) but they still reduced me to tears. When I saw Deb it really choked me up and I decided I couldnt do any more goodbyes. I went to my friend Sues grave to say my farewells too and god that was hard.

The house was finally empty and spotless by 8pm on the Friday evening so we got ourselves a take away and headed for the hotel. We were all absolutely shattered and were zonked out by 10.30pm!

Saturday morning then it was time to give the house one last check over, wave goodbye to a few places (school, takeaway & off licence!! ha ha) and then make our way to Monmouth to drop our luggage off. We only stayed at Monmouth for about half hour and then carried on the mammouth journey to Holyhead. On our way we stopped off at Llangollen for a bite to eat and then finally arrived in Holyhead at 6pm. Within an hour a big farewell party had kicked off at Jay & Sharons and the booze began to flow!

Its now Sunday and we're off to the in-laws to say hi and then for a nice walk before going for a farewell meal this evening! God its been non flippin stop - nice though!

We're then heading back to Monmouth tomorrow for two days so I'll update there!

No comments: