Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Still smiling with the good news!

Well its still all smiles in the Font household after mums good news last week. I had been living on a lot of 'what ifs' over the last few weeks (as I'm sure my mum had!) and its a big relief to be able to plan things with that worry. I had planned to get the next flight home with Danielle if the results were negative so that I could drive mum back and forth the hospital etc for treatment and to basically be there for her. Grays mum and dad are due out in 6 weeks and I wasnt even sure if I'd be here for that. Thankfully now we can really start planning things. I'm gonna try and get mum back out as soon as possible too. It'd be fantastic if she could come out for Christmas but I dont know how realistic that is. Flights are costly at that time of year and I know that mum might worry about how she would cope with the heat (although last Christmas wasnt hot at all - more like a UK summer!).

TAFE is going ok. The course is split up into 4 modules with 4 different teachers. Two of the lessons I'm really enjoying, one of them I've decided to study full time from home (project management) as I cant spend enough time in the classroom (have to leave early to pick up Danielle) and the other one is a bit of a nightmare right now. Matthew (the teacher) is very very bland - your typical computer geek actually - and his teaching leaves a lot to be desired. We've only had two lessons so far and both of them were spent the same way - the first 30 mins doing a question and answer session (I liked that) but then it went drastically downhill. He just sat us all in front of an online tutorial for the next 3 hours. The tutorial itsself was very basic and it would take a lot for someone to actually 'learn' from it - plus you could work your way through it in a max of 30 mins but we were sat there for 3 hours - not good at all!

Its Sharons daughters 19th birthday today. For her 18th Sharon & Noel had a big get together at their house and I really cant believe that a year has passed since then. The time here has flown by.

No comments: